Job Title: Test and Service Engineer (Graduate)
Reporting to: Test Team Leader
- System test and development of the company’s products
- Production of relevant documentation including test data, SoC etc.
Support / Installation
- Provide technical support and training to customers
- Install and service systems on a customer’s site
- Creating user documentation
- Co-operating with other staff
- Working offsite as required which will require travel in the UK and abroad
Typical work activities will include the following:
- System Test
- Resolving issues with configuration, hardware (electronic) and software
- Liaison with Engineering on technical matters
- Liaison with customers, providing advice and fault resolution
- Product Design and Development
- Performing Electronic production test and PCBA fault finding as required
- Participation in design reviews
- Writing operational documentation
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, designers, developers, support staff, sales and marketing professionals.
- Consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of system
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in a technical subject preferably Electronics
- Suitable for a recent graduate
- Good electronic skills
Skills / Abilities
- Shows potential ability to perform the system test / installation role
- Attention to detail, able to follow procedures and resolve issues
- Able to work alone
- Fault finding and resolution skills of electronic systems
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Passport, ability and willingness to travel as required
- Current and clean driving license
- Personal Attributes
- Professional and presentable
- Positive attitude, with a desire to learn new skills
- Degree in electronics
- “Good grade” at ‘A’ level (or equivalent) in Physics and Mathematics
- Previous experience working with scientific products is desirable
Hours Permanent contract of 37.5 hours per week
Salary: up to £25K per annum depending on experience
Holiday: 20 days increasing with service
Pension: Workplace pension
Bonus: Discretionary company bonus scheme
The ideal person would have good electronic skills, with strong proven trouble-shooting skills, able to work alone and as part of a small team. The identification and repair of faulty electronics to component level is required. Good mechanical skills are needed, and a high degree of IT competence. We are specifically looking for someone who will be able to solve most problems themselves, with minimal outside involvement.
The successful candidate would be expected to work extensively in systems test, requiring a high degree of competence in cleaning, mechanical assembly, vacuum systems, electronics, and computer control. Some lifting of heavy objects is occasionally required.
On site work is an expected part of the job and the test engineer is expected to present themselves in a manor fitting for a representative of the company.
Contact information for this vacancy
Unit B6, Millbrook Close
Tel: 02380 270735
Ionoptika is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.